Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Mind's humming

After some mulling, some wringing of the fingers, I pushed my chair in and reread the scenes that were part of our reading event Queer Soup Quick Pick. My contribution was a piece called Street. It followed a family of homeless lgbt youth.
This piece is close to my heart as I work with lgbt youth, and I know some have experienced homelessness. And I believe sincerely that we adults need to work with youth to come up with a solution.
As I reread my scenes, and even managed to bang on the keys working on a new scene, I know this piece carries great responsibility to do it right. So I by no means will be sitting at the keys alone under dim light creating this story. I will need to collaborate. That is at the center of queer soup age, and this piece all the more so.
More to come.

No comments: